Friday, March 7, 2014

Ol' Man on a Mountain Weekly Passage and Yiddish Word of the Week

Ol' Man on a Mountain


Dear Wataugans, Friends, and "Colleague Students"

It is with great pleasure to provide you with this week's passage and yiddish word of the week. I am also happy to welcome some of my former students from the Shakespeare Institute.

Weekly Passage:

"What I do know in my heart is that home for me cannot exist without the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is in my heart and in every moment of my life and the lives of my dear family. And that I must tell you in anything I say about life. I also got to tell you that Jan and Stu feel as much like family as any two people I know. And we feel so grateful to have them here."

I'd already understood that this was a unique and substantial man. Now, I was doubly impressed with him.

From the very back of the room, nearest the kitchen we heard still another voice, muffled by sobs. Melanie, Mark's wife, stood there crying, great big tears rolling down her cheeks. "I was so scared," she sobbed through a thick Georgia drawl. "I thought anybody might move up here, they could chase us off the land, tell us why they didn't want us here. Fence it in. I was just so scared. Then we met Jan and Stu and I felt...I felt..." She couldn't finish. 

Yiddish Word of the Week: Neshama
Definition: the soul or spirit. Our son Joe is a Gute Neshama.
Gute means good, Neshama means soul.

 Best wishes,

Dr. Omans

No comments:

Post a Comment